Mourinho denied Drogba rumors

Bookmark and Share
Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho says he knows nothing about an alleged meeting between Marco Branca and Chelsea's Didier Drogba on Monday.

Reports in Italy suggests Inter's sporting director Branca, Mourinho's agent, Jorge Mendes, as well as Drogba's, were also present at the dinner meeting in a restaurant in Fulham.

However, Mourinho insists he has no plans to bring his former player to the San Siro.

"I don't know where Branca was, I was at dinner at Cernobbio," he said. "I know absolutely nothing about this story.

"I know on the other hand that Drogba is part of the history of Chelsea and, from afar, it seems to me that he is and will be a Chelsea player."

Drogba was heavily linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge in the summer but decided to remain with the Blues.

However, he missed over a month of the season with a knee injury and caused controversy in his comeback match when he threw a coin back at Burnley fans in Chelsea's Carling Cup defeat - earning himself a three-match ban in the process.

Former Chelsea coach Mourinho is an ardent fan of Drogba, despite saying last month that the Ivory Coast forward is "a diver".


{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }